I have worked as a counsellor within an NHS general practice, seeing clients with a wide range of problems. I have also worked for an agency offering counselling to women and another agency offering counselling to male survivors of childhood sexual abuse or rape.
As a doctor I have worked in the NHS in several fields including general practice, women’s health and psychiatry and I was, for five years, an Army medical officer.
I am also interested in complementary therapies and am the author of several books on subjects including hypnotherapy, acupuncture and the treatment of insomnia.
I am a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and abide by their Code of Ethics. I have full professional insurance.
Training & qualifications:
- M.B., B.S. – St. Mary’s Hospital Medical School, London
- M.Sc. in Social Medicine – London University
- Certificate in Nutrition Therapy – Institute for Optimum Nutrition
- Introductory, intermediate & advanced courses in medical hypnosis – British Association for Medical and Dental Hypnosis
- Advanced Diploma in Humanistic Counselling – West Kent College
I have also undertaken additional training in subjects including:
- working with survivors of sexual abuse and rape
- working with PTSD
- working creatively with a sandtray
- working with problems dating back to childhood
- understanding eating disorders